What does this mean - P1069 - Cylinder 2 Oil Supply Solenoid Valve Switch On Time Out - FiatScene US and Canada Fiat 500 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

What does this mean - P1069 - Cylinder 2 Oil Supply Solenoid Valve Switch On Time Out

So this code popped up on my OD Reader - P1069 - Cylinder 2 Oil Supply Solenoid Valve Switch On Time Out
I have a 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo - car was working fine.

All of the sudden, I would turn on the car, it would turn over but the engine would boggle (almost spit like) and white smoke from the exhausts. Here is the odd thing, it was intermittent meaning sometimes it would happen and other times it wouldn't. The situation was few and far between going 1-2 weeks before it would start again. One thing I figured out was if I turn the car off and start it again the engine would hum again. It's obvious it has something to do with with the pressure build up or the actual solenoid.

Here is my concern, I take it Fiat Chrysler mechanic - he puts on a OD reader and tells me what I'm seeing - Solenoid. His answer, it's going to cost me about $1800 for the solenoid and then there is rate per hour.

How can a car with only 111000 khms have a solenoid issue

Please tell me there is somebody out there that has had this problem before and it's something really silly like a $40 part.

What I'm having difficulty with this is - it doesn't happen all the time, it's intermittent, i shut the car off and turn it on and it goes away. It's probably something really silly and agin, not worth spending over $2000 to fix. I think the mechanic telling me that is him going by what the code reads

HELP Anyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the FiatScene US and Canada Fiat 500 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page